Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Vegan Pea Soup

I LOVE pea soup!!!!! I have a Dutch heritage, and you can not be Dutch, and not like pea soup! This is my take on it. Its really good! It makes a lot of soup, but I am raising a bunch of pigs! Their names are, Sam, Anna, Elijah and Chewy!!!! I make almost everything from scratch. (its a full time job!!) All my kids love this soup! I like to know what I am feeding my kids. That's why we garden, and raise animals. This is what Anna requests for her Birthday almost every year!

PEA SOUP

*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1 large onion, diced
*3 potatoes, diced
*2 lb. dried split peas
*8 C. water
* salt to taste

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Than it is eating time! It is healthy, full of fiber! It is really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment