Monday, April 27, 2015

Our lifestyle through my (Anna's) eyes

       To me, I wouldn't live any other way, even if I had a choice. I love having chickens running around in the yard. Sometimes finding a few surprise eggs here and there, never having a chance to sit down for hours, because we are so busy. Getting BAD sunburns from being in the garden weeding, picking, or planting, and in the fall, the rush to chop wood, butcher animals, and get the house, animals, and yard ready for winter. I've never, not once, lived in house where my family has never had a garden every single year. We've had good and bad luck but in the end, I feel really blessed to have this lifestyle, our animals, and an amazing and very caring family that always looks out for each other. I'm in 8th grade but still can't figure out what I want to do later in life, take care of people (assisted living) or take care of animals (on-the-go vet). The lifestyle I live helps me out with both things, watching out for each other and our neighbors and if I want to be a vet I take care of my animals for example, when we lost one of our ducks she was very dehydrated and had a broken wing when we found her somewhere on our property I had my brothers grab a tray of water and some cereal, I grabbed her and slowly walked back to the coop where her "family" was. I nursed her back to health with the help of my family. Anyways, my point is, I wouldn't ever want to live any other way.  Love, Anna.

1 comment: