Saturday, November 21, 2015

Fall Harvest Stew

This is one of my favorite stews. Its easy, its good, and it fills you up! Best of all its made in the slow cooker! I LOVE slow cookers! I have 3. My husband thinks I have a problem with kitchen appliances. I don't! (maybe I do)  But, when you have a large garden and raise your meat, cook almost everything from scratch, you kinda need some things. Just sayin' So here is my stew recipe.

Fall Harvest Stew
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes
  • 4 med. russet potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 med. sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 5 C. cabbage, copped
  • 1 med. onion, diced
  • 1 t. garlic powder
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 can of corn, do not drain, plus one more can of water
  • 4 C. of left over pork roast or chicken breast, diced
  • 1 T. corn starch
  • 1 T. water
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place first 8 ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours. Add pork or chicken. Cook for 30 minutes more. Mix corn starch and water. Add to slow cooker and cook for 15 minutes longer, on high.


No comments:

Post a Comment