Wednesday, September 9, 2015

First Day of School

Ever have a day like this...

Warning: this post includes the word puke. You have been warned!!!!!!


I have 4 kids, 2 teens, and 2 pre-teens. I am a stay at home mom. I love them, but I have been planning for their first day back to school, all summer. My plan was... to eat chocolate, watch a movie, and take a shower with no one yelling "mom", while I was in it. Being a mom is tough work. Keeping them safe, not screwing them up to much... So, I was feeling selfish, and wanted a afternoon to myself. So, movie and chocolate, that's my plan. I know, I dream big!!!! But this is what happened...

Wake up late
Eat potato salad for breakfast. This is where it starts going a little off course.
Start watching a movie.
Start feeling a little yucky.
My lovely sister-in-law Lindsey calls. (This is where it goes way of course!)
Try to act normal on the phone with Lindsey, because I am feeling NOT GOOD!!!!!!
Puke
Puke
Puke
Puke, and get a HUGE bruise on my arm, trying to get to the bathroom.( It did not end well).
Start a load of laundry. Washer breaks.
Sam(15) gets home and throws his gym clothes in the broken washer,(if you have boys, you know what a BAD thing that is)
Take a picture of the kids and post it to instagram,  like nothing ever happened.(things happened today!)

                      If this was your dream day, dream no more. It happened! It happened BAD!!!!
                                             


    

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!!! And next time just tell me to let you off the phone so you can puke! And the Instagram.... Too funny! Let's all pretend to have it altogether!

    ReplyDelete