Sunday, August 9, 2015

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

  My family calls me a"food nerd". I love food, cooking and canning.I love creating and trying out new recipes. We make pizza every weekend at home. I make 4 large pizzas to feed the six of us. (yes, we are pigs). Normally we make this on Saturday night, and than watch a movie. This is the crust recipe I created, and I think its pretty good! ( you can cut this recipe in half, if you are not a large, piggish, family like mine).

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough- makes 4, large pizzas 

2 2/3 c. warm water
2 pkg. yeast
3 T. sugar
3 c. self rising flour
2 c. whole wheat flour
pinch of salt
2 T.oil
 Mix yeast, water ad sugar together. Let it stand 10 minutes  Add the rest of the ingredients. Place in a oiled bowl and cover with a cloth or plastic wrap. When it doubles in size punch down and spread out on your pans. top with your toppings. Bake @ 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment