Thursday, July 16, 2015

Saving Money on Groceries

We have been a one income family for most of our married life. We had 4 kids before our 7th Anniversary! And they are pigs! We are a HUGE foodie family, and it is really hard to stretch a one income budget to feed all these mouths! Especially now that we have 2 teens, and 2 pre-teens! And 3 out of the 4 are boys! These are my tips...
1. Pay attention to the price per ounce at the store
2. Make your own stock
3. I cook most everything from scratch
4. Base all meals on the sales that week
5. Have a garden
6. Buy local meat (we raise our own)
7. Bake your own bread and buns
8. Freeze leftovers for lunches
9. I make most of our cleaning products
10. Rice, dried beans, and pasta can stretch a meal
11. Buy almost nothing processed
12. Can and freeze all your veg that you get from your garden.
13. Make your own jam
14.No soda

This is what I do. Its a lot of work. But I know what is going into my families bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment